Western Canada Fashion Week created the Emerging Designer Competition to provide a showcase new designers wishing to enter into the world of fashion. Past winners of the competition have used the free showcase to acquire the press and notoriety to launch their clothing lines or open their own boutiques.
Participants will design one piece to be judged by industry professionals. The winning design will be judged on construction, design, creativity and marketability.
The first place winner will receive:
- WCFW runway showcase to present their collection the following season Models, makeup and hair artists provided by WCFW– Value $1500.00
- A scarf necklace from the newest MAISON BIRKS PEBBLE AND PEARL Collection. Retail $675 CAD
- $250.00 gift certificate for products or services at MC College
- A disk of photos from your show provided by a professional WCFW photographer
- Technical support team to facilitate your show.
Friday Sept 20, 2013
Thursday March 26 2014
Friday Sept. 19 2014